Thursday, April 1, 2010

Welcome!

Starting today I am going to do a version of "Project 365", but instead of photographing random stuff in my life, I am going to photograph supper everyday in the hopes of encouraging accountability, creativity, and healthier eating habits. In theory, this will be Project 180 (6 months), and near the end, I will decide how I feel its going and whether or not to continue.


I will share a little about me: I am a 33 year old mom of 3. My son, James (who I call 'Jame') is 15 and lives with my ex-husband. Due to distance, I don't get to see him nearly as much as I'd like. I also have a 10 year old daughter, Kitana, and a 2 year old daughter, Jade. Both of the girls live with me and my husband of 5.5 years, Josh.

Josh has gained about 60 pounds since we have been married. It doesn't look bad on him, I am more concerned that his eating habits have become terrible. He will eat high-fat over low-fat at every opportunity. I have gained about 25 pounds since we've been married, almost exclusively since pregnancy with Jade. I work for a software company, and I sit on my rear all day. I need to not "graze" so much, get more exercise, and learn to say "no" to chocolate. Josh and I have talked about how important it is to live "healthy lifestyles" instead of going on diets. I don't want my girls to grow up with body-image issues. I want them to be happy with themselves, I want them to make healthy choices when I am not there to guide them, I want them to limit junk themselves. Everything in moderation.

As far as this photo blog, I have to admit that I do *not* cook every day. In fact, most nights, Josh cooks. You will most likely notice throughout this 6 months, that Josh is *way* more creative than I am. I grew up eating what I like to call "southern". Batter and fried everything, heavy on the starch, but also lots of fresh veggies. I also tend to cook that way, and, although I have gotten a lot better about not frying everything, my imagination is lacking.

Thank you for your interest in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment