Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day #6


Tonight we had everyone's favorite...Breakfast tacos. They look disgusting, lol

Truly, it's not *my* favorite, because Josh claims he "can't" cook it, so I end up cooking it every. single. time. we have it. And, it's a pain in the rear. It's not "hard", it's just time consuming.

Scramble eggs:
  • butter pan
  • 8-10 large eggs
  • about 1/4 cup of milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • lots of cheese. seriously. 4-5 slices of American, plus I use about 1/4 of a bag of shredded cheese
while I am scrambling the eggs, I am also cooking loose breakfast sausage, and cutting up onions and bell peppers and heating oil for hash browns, then cooking all that, and heating tortillas (usually wrapped in foil, throw in the oven at 250* for..however long it takes me to get everything cooked. I use diced frozen potatoes, and I cook the bell peppers and onions with them. When everything is cooked, I drain the meat and potatoes, and mix it into the scrambled eggs. I put it on the tortillas (I use white corn, we prefer the flavor), and serve with Picante Sauce (if you like that...which I don't).

It's not *hard*. But, getting the timing right takes a little practice. It is probably the fattiest, most unhealthy meal that I cook. And, it is, far and away, everyone's favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment